Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mod12: Podcasts and Lesson Planning

Ever since I got my first ipod I have been interested in podcasts.  I have enjoyed all different types of podcasts; language, comedy, international news, how to, and even free audio books!  What I have enjoyed during this Mod is exploring the world of podcasts for educational purposes.  I enjoy using authentic examples when working with more advanced students, it encourages them to use their real life experiences in the classroom.

The podcast that I found is an introduction and brief history of the American Civil War. I think it would be a great introduction to this topic in class.  It could also be used as a grammar exercise for the the past tense. Another way it could be used is to answer a teacher generated question sheet such as a cloze sentences, or writing out specific date or numbers mentioned in the piece.

There are many interactive learning activities to be done with podcasts.  The above mentioned are just a few of my ideas... what are your ideas?!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Great choice of a Special English podcast.